Organize your products for quick searching with the tagging feature.
Product tags allow you to organize and filter your products to quickly find exactly what you're looking for.
Adding Tags To Your Products
- Click on your Products tab.
- Select the product you want to tag.
- Click on that product's Product Details tab.
- Enter your tag(s) into the Product Tags field. Hit Enter each time you want to add a new tag.
- Once you are done adding tags, click Save Changes at the top of the page.
Filter Your Products Using Product Tags
Now when you go back to your Products page, you will be able to quickly filter through your products using your new tags. Just select the tag(s) in the Tags dropdown, and SamCart will pull up products that have those tag(s) applied.
Filter Your Products Using Product Types
You can also filter your products by using the Product Type filters. When you create your products, SamCart automatically creates these filters for you.
Each type is pretty self-explanatory, but here's what each of these filters means:
- Digital: All your products that have been marked as Digital/Service in the product settings and have an added digital upload or digital link.
- Physical: Here are all your products that you have marked as Physical in the product's settings, and collect Shipping & Handling charges on checkout.
- Service: All products that have been marked as Digital/Service in the product settings but do not have an added digital upload or digital link.
- One-time: Products only charge your customer a single time (i.e. are not subscriptions).
- Recurring subscription: Subscription products that are unlimited recurring subscriptions. Learn more here: Recurring Subscriptions
- Limited subscription: Subscription products that end after a specified number of billing cycles. Learn more here: Limited Subscriptions
- Pay what you want: Products created with SamCart's Pay What You Want feature.
- Order Bump: Show products that are currently being used as an Order Bump.
- Upsell: Show products that are currently attached to a One Click Upsell.
- Payment Option: Show products that are currently being used as a Payment Option.
Deleting Product Tags
If you ever need to get rid of a product tag, just go back into any product and click on the Details tab.
Scroll to the Product Tags field, and click on the small "x" next to any product tag to remove it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I add more than one tag to a product?
A: Absolutely. You can add as many tags as you want to any product.
Q: Are tags case-sensitive?
A: No, tags are not case-sensitive.