Accept credit card payments by quickly integrating with Stripe.
With Stripe, you get instant access to all of SamCart's most advanced features like 1-Click Upsells, Subscriptions, Free Trials, Payment Plans, and more.
Connect with an existing Stripe account, or create a new Stripe account in just a few minutes!
Follow the steps below to connect with Stripe, and start accepting live credit card payments on your SamCart checkout pages.
- From the SamCart Dashboard, select the “Settings” Icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, select the Processors (1) tab on the left-hand sidebar. Then, click on the Add New (2) button.
- In the pop-up window, select which Payment Processor you would like to integrate with.
When you select Stripe, you will be taken to a page where you can either create a new Stripe account, or log in to an existing Stripe account and complete your integration.
If you would like to create a new account with Stripe:
Click the "Setup A New Processor" button on the Processors page:
Take a few minutes and complete the form you see on the page. In just a few minutes, you will have a new account with Stripe, ready to take live payments.
If you would like to connect with an existing Stripe account:
- Click the “Sign In” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Log in to the Stripe account you want to connect with SamCart.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the following screen. Use the dropdown menu to select which Stripe account you would like to connect with SamCart (if you have more than one Stripe account). Click “Connect My Stripe Account” to complete the integration.
- You will be taken back to SamCart. Your new Stripe integration is now live and will be marked as “Active”.
You will now be able to take your SamCart checkout pages out of "Sandbox Mode" and accept live credit card payments!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do my customers see on their credit card statement?
A: That setting is taken care of inside of Stripe in Stripe Account Settings > Public Details > Statement Descriptor.
Q: When do I get money deposited into my bank account?
A: Two things to note:
- Stripe is responsible for depositing your sales into your bank account. Please check out Stripe's help for what they call "Payouts" for more information.
- Stripe will normally deposit your sales into your bank account every 2 days, with no "holds"!
Q: How do I get in touch with Stripe?
A: If you have any questions for Stripe, click over to their Contact Us page and reach out.
Q: Is Stripe available everywhere?
A: Stripe is not available in every country. See their list at stripe.com/global
Q: I use Stripe India. Do I need to complete any additional steps?
A: Stripe India requires either the Billing Address or Shipping Address field in order to process a payment.
You can turn on address fields by going into any product, clicking on the Checkout Design tab, and launching the Drag + Drop Content Builder.
Click on the Settings tab at the top-right of your screen, and use the checkboxes to turn on the Billing Address or the Shipping Address for this page. Remember to Publish after to make your changes live!